Today, all office flooring must comply with the requirements set by The Building Code Australia (BCA). Medical centres, fitness centres, warehouses, high-rise commercial buildings and aged care facilities must have fire rated flooring.
There are numerous tests that floor coverings must pass before they comply with the BCA. Carpet, underlay, glues and substrates must comply with the building standard AS ISO 9239.
All Affordable Fitouts floor coverings comply with the BCA. Below are the some of the common types of flooring we use in fitouts.
Also known as carpet squares, modular carpeting is at the height of fashion in the flooring world and offer endless customisable looks. Much like a traditional floor tile, carpet tiles are easy to install and are the perfect choice for transforming a space and creating a strong but comfortable floor.
- Design flexibility – Available in an array of sizes, shapes, colours and textures for greater design flexibility
- Easily replaced – If a carpet tile becomes damaged it can be easily replaced without affecting the rest of the flooring
- Acoustics – Cushioned back carpet tiles are highly beneficial acoustically, absorbing noise generated by foot traffic and chairs
- Durable and long-lasting
- Less wastage with installations
- Unique – Customised carpet tiles deliver unique aesthetic appeal
- Mixed and matched – Carpet tiles can be mixed and matched to create a pattern of your choice
Broadloom carpet is carpet woven on a very wide loom. Most commonly installed in 12-foot wide large rolls, it is made of wool, wool blend or nylon and specifically suited to offices, retail stores, training centres, showrooms and large open spaces.
Its advantages are:
- Value for money – Broadloom carpet is often sold by the metre, while other products are sold in square metres. When you choose broadloom, you are getting approximately 3.5 times more carpet.
- Design and flexibility – Broadloom carpet is available in a range of styles, colours and textures and provides maximum design flexibility. It can be used for visual cues, wayfinding, and is a strong design element.
- Comfort – Carpet adds warmth.
- Ergonomics – Carpet provides underfoot comfort and can reduce the physical impact from standing and walking.
- Slip resistance – Unlike hard floor, carpet prevents the risk of slips and falls.
- Acoustics – The best in floor covering for acoustics, carpet reduces reverberations.
- Thermal insulation – An exceptionally good insulating material, carpet can reduce energy costs for heating and cooling.
Timber Look Vinyl Planks
Elegantly designed, Affordable Fitouts’ timber look vinyl flooring is suitable for any commercial interior, from education, retail, office and medical centres to apartments, hotels and restaurants.
The benefits include:
- Water resistance
- Hard wearing and durable
- Acoustically beneficial
- Scratch resistance
- Matte finish
- A wide range of installation options to suit your office
Polished concrete flooring is no longer confined to garages and basements. It is the current trend for shops and offices and has lots of advantages:
- Durability and longevity – Concrete is almost impossible to damage, chip or scratch, offering an increased lifespan over other floor coverings.
- Maintenance is minimal – Concrete only requires a mop or sweep daily to remove dirt and dust, and a weekly mop to restore shine.
- Design options are endless – Polished concrete comes in a variety of colours and textured effects. For complete customisation you can even include stencilling and engraving.
Porcelain or Ceramic Floor Tiles
The most commonly used tiles in office fitouts are ceramic and porcelain tiles. Their benefits are:
- Resistant to the elements – Porcelain and ceramic tiles are resistant to moisture, temperature and chemicals. They do not corrode when exposed to extreme weather and temperatures. They are well suited to wet areas like amenities, showers and kitchenettes
- Durability and longevity – Ceramic and porcelain tiles are durable and tough. If one tile cracks or becomes damaged, it is easy to replace it, rather than the whole floor
If you are looking for eco-friendly flooring that is attractive and easy to maintain, Affordable Fitouts’ vinyl flooring is a great choice. Vinyl flooring is becoming more popular, due to its sleek looks and it is suitable for medical centres, amenities areas and consultant suites. Benefits include:
- Warmth and comfort – Vinyl flooring is warm and comfortable
- Noise reduction
- Provides insulation
- Water and stain resistant
- Scuff and scratch resistant
- Resistant to mould, mildew and bacteria
- Low maintenance – Vinyl flooring only requires a basic clean such as sweep or mop
- Popular alternative to timber flooring
- Comes in a large variety of designs including timber trends and wood effects
Raised Server Room Flooring
The main job of your server room is to distribute power to racks, data cables and cooling agents. Raised server room flooring is designed to accomodate the cables safely underneath. It creates a floor on top of the original structured floor already in place, and is installed with pedestals, stringers and floor panels.
Its advantages are:
- A distribution system for conditioned cold air
- Passageways for power cabling
- A location to run chilled water and piping
- Copper ground grid for grounding of equipment
- Tracks and conduits to support data cabling