These are the steps required for obtaining a building permit:
- Architectural drawings are updated to meet building permit requirements including a site plan and reflected ceiling plan
- Client signs off on drawing and scope of works
- Client to arrange for the owners consent form to be completed and returned to Affordable FItouts (form provided by Affordable Fitouts)
- Building permit application and supporting documentation is sent to Building Surveyor
- The building surveyor reviews the application and either issues a building permit or asks for further information or changes to be made
- Once building permit is issued we can begin construction works
The timeframe for obtaining a building permit can vary and is dependant upon the size and complexity of the project. For smaller projects it would typically be from a couple of days to 1-2 weeks.